So you want to stop smoking. It is good to take some time first to ask yourself why. The reasons why you want to stop can be a very strong incentive and motivation for you, and that is all good and well. But these are not the real reasons that I am talking about.
You may have expected to read motivation in this article to keep strong. For example, motivation about your health, your family, your looks, your teeth, all the money you will save, your smell, and your freedom from the constrictive habit, to name just a few of the common reasons. But just suspend your beliefs for a while and let me show you some other reasons.
* Smoking to relax.
* Smoking to de-stress.
* Smoking when bored at work.
* Smoking in order to go to the toilet in the morning.
* Smoking with your coffee, because the two have always gone so well together.
* Smoking with a friend.
* Smoking to rebel against a parent or teacher.
* Because it makes conversation easier in social situations.
* Because it helps you when you have a drink.
* Because it reminds you of the strong bond between you and your smoking family.
* Because it helps you concentrate on your work or studies.
* Because it is a luxury, and you deserve a treat.
* If you stop, you will eat and eat and put on weight.
* If you stop, you will feel nervous or anxious.
* If you stop, you may feel angry and irritable.
* If you stop, you may have difficulty sleeping.
* If you stop, you may feel deprived.
* If you stop, you may feel moody.
So, amongst these are reasons why you smoke. Armed with these reasons, and maybe a few more of your own, you now have a list of reasons that bind you to the smoking. Release these reasons, and you release that link to smoking. Every one of these reasons is a block in your path to success. But with the right techniques, you can bulldoze your way through and smash every block to smithereens! You can release every one of those reasons out of your system and break free!
The best method I know of to help you do just that is EFT, or Emotional Freedom Techniques. known also as Tapping, EFT uses a combination of acupressure and releasing wording to set you free the really easy way. It is suitable for almost everyone, unless you have schizophrenia or psychosis, in which case other methods are recommended, such as the gentler energy techniques like Reiki or Kinesiology. Whatever route you take, I wish you every success breaking through those reasons and reaching that beautiful place of freedom!
© Suzanne Zacharia 2011. My name is Suzanne Zacharia and I am committed to spreading the word about health options. I believe that the more and better options one has, the more choice there is.
A virus caught along with 5 other students at university at the end of 1986, plus medical negligence, meant that I got smokers lung at a relatively young age. In desperation for help with my symptoms and quality of life, I turned to complementary therapy, and I have outlived one doctor’s prognosis by many years now.
I am now a complementary therapist, author of the Stop Smoking E-book at http://www.quit-smoking-ebook.com and trainer specializing in energy healing. Want to use this article? You can, as long as you credit me with it and invite your readers to get my FREE book “EFT How-To For You” at http://www.EFT-Scripts.com