EFT, short for Emotional Freedom Techniques, blasts through these beliefs and then you can simply choose to stop smoking without a craving or discomfort to be felt. Why? Because these 5 beliefs keep that smoking desire in place. All are from my clinical experience with EFT and successful stop-smoking sessions. Without further ado, here they are.
- “I must always be perfect”. This belief makes people so nervous, they need a cigarette to calm down.
- “I will get fat”. If you use EFT, the root causes why you may wish to smoke are the same why you may wish to overeat, and both are obliterated at the same time.
- “I will be irritable”. You smoke because smoking takes away the irritability. Not-smoking does not cause irritability but merely unmasks it.
- “I will become one of those horrible non-smokers who keep shouting at their smoker friends to go outside”. EFT does not change your personality. It merely takes away the desire to smoke and leaves you calm and composed.
- “I will become a different person”. I have yet to see it. What do you expect to happen, that you turn yellow, blue, green, look like an alien? Another daft misconception.
Any other excuses? When you have finished reeling them out, try EFT. You may be very pleasantly surprised!
See my Stop Smoking Books and EASY online program for YOUR quit smoking success!